BSD tty security, part 3: How to Fix It

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.brl.mil
Tue May 21 13:40:12 AEST 1991

In article <3690:May1921:22:5191 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
>Can you please stop repeating the same stupid little question? If you
>can't understand Bellovin's explanations or my explanations or the
>series of diagrams above, I give up.

Gee, nice diagrams.  If done earlier, it might have saved a thousand words.

Ready for the next question?  Why an SAK like ^K?  Why not just have loss
of DTR be the attention signal?  You're going to blow off the previous
session anyway, might as well let terminal poweroff automatically serve
as your SAK.  (Yes, I know you have to wire and configure things correctly,
but that sort of argument applies to any scheme.)