SCO Unix 3.2.2 with an Adaptec 1542B SCSI and Xabyte Tape Drive

Andrew Kleiman andrew at nexus.YorkU.CA
Wed Nov 14 08:56:55 AEST 1990

Has anyone installed a Adaptec 1542B SCSI controller with a
Xabyte Tape Drive in SCO Unix 3.2.2 system.  I'm having a very hard             time getting the darn tape unit
to work.  All I get when I issue a tape command is

Warning Stp Inquiry failed
Warning aha: No controller response

The Software/Hardware set is as follows:

SCO Unix 3.2.2
Compaq System Pro with 840M Drive, 12 Megs of Memory
Adaptec 1542B SCSI Controller
Xabyte 2.2 Gigabyte Tape Drive

Does anyone know the proper setting for the Adaptec card (ie DMA,INT,etc)

Thanks in Advance....

..... Andrew Kleiman