Upgrade Path SCO (XENIX -> UNIX)

Tillmann Basien tb at PEM-Stuttgart.de
Fri Nov 2 17:51:22 AEST 1990

davidsen at sixhub.UUCP (Wm E. Davidsen Jr) writes:

>In article <11243 at scorn.sco.COM> richardt (Richard Trivett) writes:

>| Just to clarify, there is an upgrade path available from SCO
>| XENIX to SCO UNIX, both inside the US and internationally. Further,
>| there is an upgrade from XENIX or UNIX to Open Desktop, and from
>| any vendors UNIX to Open Desktop. The upgrade is available
>| from any SCO Advanced Product Center, or from SCO if you have SoftTech
>| or SoftCare

>  Wonderful. When asked if I wanted to rened my softcare I asked if I
>could transfer it to ODT. the answer was no. So I dropped it. Now I
>can't get the upgrade to ODT from SCO.

	The Upgrade to ODT is aviable only in USA, not in Europa !!!

>  I really like a lot of SCO products, but I have never seen a company
>do so many little things to iritate customers. We have people at work
>who swear that if they can ever get what they need elsewhere they will
>never buy anything else from SCO. This says a lot for the product and
>the interface to users.
	Oh, am sorry. It is right, that SCO will iritate there customers
	(and there resellers too), but we know, that we must be carful with
	any announcement of SCO. We have many (100) Systems running with
	SCO XENIX/UNIX and ODT all works well.
--
Dipl.Ing. Tillmann Basien                Programmentwicklung fuer Microcomputer
Vaihinger Str.49, PostBox 810165		      +49-711-713047	FAX