TCP/IP on XENIX 386 : SUMMARY

Russ Nelson nelson at sun.soe.clarkson.edu
Thu Nov 1 17:29:26 AEST 1990

In article <6064 at minyos.xx.rmit.oz> s892024 at minyos.xx.rmit.oz (Admiral Richard Muirden) writes:

   >* What are its features (ie: telnet, rlogin, ftp, else?)
   all the standard things work ok

   >* What are its limits?
   latest version is stable for the standard things
   no talk /talk demon

   >* Have you found any bugs in the s/w?
   no but we're not pushing it too hard.

According to my sources, SCO has acknowledged a bug in the name server
resolution code that crashes the machine.  After I disabled the name server
resolution, all the tcp-related crashes went away...

--
--russ (nelson at clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])  FAX 315-268-7600
It's better to get mugged than to live a life of fear -- Freeman Dyson