Stereo Modems - slightly garbled

neal at mnopltd.UUCP neal at mnopltd.UUCP
Sun Nov 11 16:47:33 AEST 1990

This is mostly a curiousity.

In order to get a remote job finished,  I plugged a 2nd Telebit modem in my 386.It works peachy.

However, if I send a piece of mail to a big distribution list, all hell breaks
loose.   At least 8 uucico fire up, each for a different site, and they all
attack the two modems.  So the poor things go off hook, then hang up and again
and again.  After a few minutes the fighting dies down and uucico's all go away,
leaving the modems quivering in the corner.

Any ideas?  Maybe a race condition on the lock files?   SCO never thought of
two modems?   I never had any such excitement with one modem, even using the
same mail list.