SCO TCP/IP Install *MAJOR* problem: HELP!

Richard A. Muirden s892024 at minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au
Fri Nov 16 20:00:09 AEST 1990

It seems today is not my day for installing new software. At any rate the
problem is that after installing SCO Streams Runtime and SCO TCP/IP
Runtime System. The kernel had been relinked after installing SCO TCP/IP
and I rebooted the system as stated in the docs in order to install the
ethernet card driver (3comB - 3C503 card). This worked OK. Then I installed
the driver and relinked the kernel. When I rebooted the system it would get
to the point just before the copyright notice and REBOOT!! I had to get
the system up by running /usr/sys/conf/xenix ! So then I removed the
driver and this continued. Now I have removed TCP/IP and have got the
system running normally again.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so what did you do? If not, does
anyone have any idea what could have caused it. The only thing that
I could possibly think the cause was that the 3C503 card's memory was
enabled. Should this be disabled for the system to work?

I would apprieciate any help you could give with this matter because
I am dying to get TCP/IP running.

-Richard Muirden.

(s892024 at minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au)