SCO XENIX 2.3.2 on i486

Kevin Gribble kevin at utekza.UUCP
Fri Nov 2 22:29:50 AEST 1990

In article <18 at dhump.lakesys.COM> mort at dhump.lakesys.COM (Marty Wiedmeyer) writes:
>Greetings!
>
>We have SCO XENIX 386 2.3.2 and I have been asked to install it on an
>NCR PC486/MC25.
>
>Two questions:
>
>1)	Does it run? I know ODT runs, but it's UNIX, not XENIX.

Yes you can install SCO Unix on to the NCR 486/25, but you need to do some
changes.

1) Remove the NCR scsi adapter and install a Adaptec 1542 scsi controller.

2) Get in touch with your local NCR agent and ask them to request the 'N' set
   of disks from Augsburg in Germany.

The only problem you might come across is with the loading of the UFA disks.
Simple 'tar' them off and then run prep script in the /tmp directory.

I was told recently by a SCO representative that SCO will be shipping shortly
versions of their op. systems which will include the drivers for the NCR range
of pc's.

Kevin Gribble
kevin at utekza.UUCP	....!ddsw1!olsa99!iosys!utekza!kevin