SCO 3.2.2 & RTSFLOW CTSFLOW

Riccardo Pizzi pizzi at esacs.UUCP
Thu Nov 29 22:23:34 AEST 1990

In article <1838 at utodaycom> sean at utoday.UUCP (Sean Fulton) writes:
>I'm having trouble with outgoing calls on my TB T2500 connected to a
>386 PC running SCO Unix 3.2.2.
>The TB is set to speak to the DTE at any speed, default to 19200. Also
>set to use flow control (S66=1) and RTS/CTS (S58=2; S68=255). Adding
>RTSFLOW CTSFLOW to the ``n'' gettydefs entry doesn't seem to make a
>difference (I believe this is because gettydefs is only for when the
>modem answers a call, not outgoing). Any ideas would be appreciated.

The problem is, you need to lock the DTE/DCE speed at 19200.
Then you set your /etc/gettydefs so that getty will not cycle entries,
i.e. you use the 'n' keyword as next entry in the 'n' line.
This should work fine. Remember to set to 19200 the Devices and Systems
file too.

Hope this helps,

Rick

--
Riccardo Pizzi @ ESA Software, Rimini, ITALY
e-mail: pizzi%esacs at relay.EU.net -or- root at xtc.sublink.org
Public Access Unix @ +39-541-27858 (Telebit)
<< Object Oriented is an Opaque Disease >>