SCO 3.2.2 & RTSFLOW CTSFLOW

Warren Tucker wht at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US
Wed Nov 28 05:20:00 AEST 1990

In article <1838 at utodaycom> sean at utoday.UUCP (Sean Fulton) writes:
>... trouble with outgoing calls on my TB T2500 [with SCO 3.2.2 ...  RTS/CTS]

I think the problem is with the cu code. It just about has to be.
RTSFLOW and CTSFLOW are SCO extensions.  The problem arises when
standard System V code (cu) manipulates the termio state; not knowing
about the two extsion bits, it is probably jamming certain values into
c_iflag rather than ANDing out unwanted bits and ORing in wanted bits.

May I suggest you try ECU, an -er- optimized comm program for SCO, which
does one or two things cu doesn't and, specifically, lets you diddle
with rts/cts to your hearts content.  I almost have rev 3 ready to release,
but comp.sources.misc has 2.80, which with patches 1-4 applied, does
fairly well.