SCO support of Xenix/386

Aris Stathakis aris at tabbs.UUCP
Sun Nov 25 21:15:03 AEST 1990

In <3960 at vela.acs.oakland.edu> srodawa at vela.acs.oakland.edu (Ron Srodawa) writes:

>A few months ago, there was a great deal of SCO bashing here.  At that time
>press releases touting the new SCO Unix product seemed to leave Xenix in
>a questionable state, to say the least, relative to support.  SCO said they
>wouldn't abandon us, but we all had our doubts.  Since that time SCO has:
>1. Released upgrade to go from Xenix/386 2.3.2 to 2.3.3.
>2. Released new development system release 2.3.1.
>3. Released several SLS's for hot problems.
>All of these, mind you, are free.

Don't forget XNX137 which is a *FREE* upgrade from XENIX 2.3.0/2.3.1
to 2.3.2 which is the current release (2.3.3 is only available through
the upgrade xnx155).  How many companies give free upgrades which include
a full distribution set of disks (all ten of them including games disk
plus release notes etc..)

>Way to go, SCO.  I appreciate that.  Ron.

Agreed, SCO's support is second to none.  SCO's product might not be
the fastest, it might not be fun to use for us 'hackers' because of
C2 etc.. but their product is stable, and bug-fixes are prompt (and
free).  In a commercial environment you need a product that has
stability, not a product that has to include all the latest and greatest
features (with all the bugs that go with them..)

For those of you who tried the original release of SCO UNIX 3.2.0, I suggest
you try the latest release 3.2.2.  The speed improvement is phenomenal.

No flames please :-)  I support SCO all the way.

Aris

--
 Aris Stathakis | Bang: ..!uunet!ddsw1!olsa99!tabbs!aris or aris at tabbs.UUCP