SCO support of Xenix/386

Aris Stathakis aris at tabbs.UUCP
Thu Nov 29 04:59:34 AEST 1990

In <360 at anomaly.sbs.com> mpd at anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) writes:

>srodawa at vela.acs.oakland.edu (Ron Srodawa) writes:

>>2. Released new development system release 2.3.1.

>Err, my understanding is that the new devsys release is v2.3.2, and it
>costs over $200 to upgrade to it.

The current release is 2.3.2, But sco are offering 2.3.1 for free.  2.3.2
has many extras which don't constitute 'bug-fixes' but value-added
features which you gotta pay for.

>This irks me to no end as I just shelled out $500+ for the devsys this
>past summer - now I'd had to pay yet-another-50% to get the "upgrade".

Mhh don't count your eggs, but I *THINK* that if you bought your product
after a certain date, you are entitled to a free upgrade.  I'm pretty
sure that this is the fact with SCO UNIX too (at least our customers are
getting a free upgrade to 3.2.2 if they bought 3.2.0 after July 1).

>Riiiight. I'm going to "upgrade" to a new Unix. And, it ain't gonna
>be SCO.

I'm gonna upgrade too.  And it's gonna be to SCO UNIX 3.2.2.

Aris

--
 Aris Stathakis | Bang: ..!uunet!ddsw1!olsa99!tabbs!aris or aris at tabbs.UUCP