"talk" not included with SCO TCP/IP ?

cliff bedore cliffb at cjbsys.bdb.com
Wed Nov 21 09:28:29 AEST 1990

In article <6293 at minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au> s892024 at minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Richard A. Muirden) writes:
>Looking through the SCO TCP/IP manual it has the entry for talk but alas
>the program itself does not seem to be in the distrobution (for Xenix 386
>2.3.2). Does anyone know why? Is "talk" included for the SCO UNIX release
>but not the SCO Xenix release?
>
>-Richard

Unfortunately it is not in Xenix and is in UNIX.  (A reason? to switch to
UNIX). When I talked to SCO sppt they said they didn't include it but if I
could get it from my distributor it was ok to use it.  I wasn't sure about that
but if anyone is successful at getting it, I'm sure it would be a popular item.

Cliff