SCO Xenix 2.2.1 problems...

Ajit K. Jena ajit at betaal.UUCP
Wed Nov 21 09:16:31 AEST 1990

I am developing Xenix device driver for INTEL PCLINK2 card. The card runs upto
TP4 and upper three layers run on AT286 host. When packets arrive from the
ethernet, it needs to be delivered to the respective processes.

I have tried to use "psignal" call documented in kernel support routines for
device drivers. The intended process does not get the interrupt.

"signal" did work. But it sends interrupt to all the processes in the given
process group. Secondly, when the target process is in background the PPID
value changes and the target process again does not get the interrupt. I tried
to use "setpgrp" within the application process so that the PPID will be the
same as the PID. This strategy does work but the packet thruput drops down
by factor of 10 or more.

Can somebody guide me as to what is the solution ?