Can a 386 w/xenix support 20 light users?

Ben A. Hunsberger benah at adspp.uucp
Sat Nov 3 00:21:35 AEST 1990

In article <16304 at s.ms.uky.edu> jkb at ms.uky.edu (Keith Burton) writes:
>I have a customer who's wanting to use a '386 based system to run a xenix
>project.  The project will involve 20 terminals, but is very light duty.

               stuff deleted

>I've worked with some xenix systems before, but have never seen a PC-based
>system with 20 terminals on it.  I'd appreciate knowing first, if it can be
>done and second, if so, what i/o cards are best for such an application.

We're running up to 17 physical terminals in our software development
shop, all running MultiView(a product which allows up to 6 apps on a
dumb terminal).  Our programers tend to be heavy users in about 3-4
screen with several compiles going at once.

The system keeps up pretty good.  We still only have a 25 mhz model also!

--
Benjamin A. Hunsberger | uunet!rutgers!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!adspp!benah
MicroAge/Abacus        | uunet!sco!romed!adspp!benah