Hanging up + resetting the modem from a script file?

Richard A. Muirden s892024 at minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au
Tue Nov 20 17:40:40 AEST 1990

I need to write a routine that checks to see if anyone is logged on via
the modem (on tty1A) and if not, reset it and hang it up. This is for
a cron job that would run every hour or so. Does anyone have any ideas
on how to tell the modem to hangup and reset (ie: sending ATH0/ATZ to it)?
I've tried uuchat but this doesn't give the correct results. Any help would
be great!

-Richard

Richard Muirden,                         |Humble Computer Science Student &
System Administrator,                    |Star Trek Fan!
Wesley College Melbourne (Prahran Campus)+--My opinions are my own-----------
mail: ram at lionet.wesley.OZ.AU            |mail: s892024 at minyos.xx.rmit.OZ.AU