Renaming filesystems/partitions

Chip Rosenthal chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM
Sun Sep 2 01:21:48 AEST 1990

Welcome to "Hit That F Key" ... the game where people contend for
fabulous prizes.

And here is our first question...

> WARNING: Mounted <u> on </usr/spool> ...
> Any idea how to truly rename the partitions short of doing another install?

OK...hit that F key!

> Will fdisk allow you to rename them?

*Brapzht*  No, anybody else.

> Have you looked at the command __labelit__??

*Brapzht*  Oh, I'm sorry wrong operating system.

> Use DIVVY:

*Brapzht*  No, that's incorrect.

> I'd suggest doing a man divvy and a man mkfs

*Brapzht*  No, anybody else?

Anybody?

*Ding*

Times up!  The correct answer is "fsname", although the judges would
have accepted "dd" too.

*Whoop Whoop*

Well, I guess time is up once again.  We have a fabulous home version of
the game for all our fabulous contestants.  So, until next time, just
remember:  Don't read the manual!  Don't do it by mail!  Just Hit That F
Key!

Goodbye everybody.

--
Chip Rosenthal  <chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM>
Unicom Systems Development, 512-482-8260