Hard disks with > 1024 Cylindars

root root at ozdaltx.UUCP
Mon Sep 10 05:06:32 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep7.052138.495 at csense.uucp>, bote at csense.uucp (John Boteler) writes:
> I have been running an 1177 cylinder disk under Xenix for years now,
> no problem, first with a DTC7287 controller, and now with a
> WD1006VSR2.

After a brief conversation with a SCO service rep the other day, He
explained that the 1024 limit is only on the boot/active partition.
If your primary is bigger than 1024, then another partition/file
system should be created.  Secondarys appearently don't suffer this
limit.  I just added a secondary with 1314 cylinders and it singing
along quite merrily.  This is on a MFM interface.
         scotty
         root at ozdaltx