uucp cores

Dion L. Johnson dionj at sco.COM
Wed Sep 19 08:23:55 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep15.192652.27019 at hq.demos.su- avg at hq.demos.su (Vadim G. Antonov) writes:
-In article <2495 at polari.UUCP- corwin at polari.UUCP (Don Glover) writes:
--For quite some time now I have been getting the message from uucp
--cores in /usr/spool/uucp, sure enough I go there and there is a
--core, I rm it  and it comes back, I am not sure where the core
--is coming from what is causing it or etc... Someone out there
--have an idea they would like to share with me?
-	We have found an amazing feature of SCO-supplied HDB uucp:
-	when uucico counts the transfer time for an empty file it
-	dumps into core with "Division by zero". Enjoy!
-
-	Generally I have no idea why it fails so often - I see
-	it practically every day. Does anybody know is HDB sources
-	available? If yes where can I obtain it to make it to work
-	properly?
-
-	Vadim Antonov,
-	DEMOS, Moscow, USSR
-	(It is NOT a joke!)

Comrade Antonov, greetings from SCO.  If you'd be willing to settle
for a fixed HDB uucp (rather than source code), we can supply our
support supplementary distribution called "xnx129".   Please email
support at sco.com - we will need your postal mail address.  Any other
SCO customers with registered SCO products are welcome to contact
us for this fix.

Dion L. Johnson
SCO Developer Relations Technical Mgr   400 Encinal St.   Santa Cruz, CA 95061
Bangpath:            ...{decvax!microsoft, ucbvax!ucscc, sun, uunet}!sco!dionj
Domain style:  dionj at sco.com    FAX: 408-458-4227     Telephone:  408-425-7222