Trouble with TeX3.0 and ranlib.

Ron Srodawa srodawa at vela.acs.oakland.edu
Tue Jan 29 15:16:39 AEST 1991

I have been trying to install TeX3.0 into Xenix '386 2.3.2.  Finally,
I got a good compile through and through (gcc) with the exception of
the mf subdirectory (MetaFont).  Finally, I resolved my problem by
removing mf from alldirs, causing its generation to be ignored.
---
The problem was with TeX3.0/mf/MFwindows/windows.a (if memory serves me
correctly).  Using the xenix ranlib, ld claims this isn't a valid archive.
Using the ranlib distributed by Steve and Ron at RoboBar, the ranlib dumps
core.
___
Any suggestions, anyone?

BTW, I don't really need MetaFont because we can download all the fonts we
desire from a big bertha.  It would be nice to be self-sufficient, though.
Ron.

--
| Ronald J. Srodawa               | Internet: srodawa at unix.secs.oakland.edu |
| School of Engineering and CS    | UUCP:     srodawa at egrunix.UUCP          |