Multiscreen help needed

Al Borup master at drot-a.UUCP
Thu Jan 31 00:50:47 AEST 1991

I have a custom software application that runs on a NEC Powermate/386
with SCO Unix Sys 5, rel. 3.2.  This application uses the multiscreen
capabilities of the console.  <alt>F1 screen is used to log-in and
fire up the application.  The application uses the <alt>F2 and <alt>F3
screens for output and user control menus.  (There are no gettys on these
screens - the program uses them directly, and the ttys are selectable.)
Question:
I need to use this application from a terminal, NOT the console.  I have
read about mscreens and it seems that I should be able to do this.  I
haven't been able to figure out how to make a pseudo tty work.  The manual
doesn't seems to have enough explanation for me to get the grasp  of this.
I think I am able to start mscreens, but can't seem to get the terminal to
hop between them.  My terminal is a Link MC3 emulating either a VT100 or
a Wyse50.  It does have paged memory.  If the terminal is my problem, I
am willing to buy whatever terminal I need to make it work.
The devices ttyp1 thru ttyp7 are defined and present in /dev.
My strategy is to have the application use these devices instead of tty02
and tty03.
I log in via the terminal, start mscreen, then cannot figure out how to
have the terminal pop over to the pseudo screens.
Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

--
Al Borup - Programmer/Analyst       |
Boise Interagency Fire Center       |