rlogin (and/or /bin/login) under SCO Xenix and TCP/IP

Jim O'Connor jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Mon Jan 14 12:17:25 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan13.000706.15034 at cjbsys.bdb.com>, cliffb at cjbsys.bdb.com (cliff bedore) writes:

> It's broken on mine also.  I have inserted the following line in my .login
> which at least offers me my favorite terminal if the system doesn't know what
> the terminal is.
>

> set term = (`tset -m ansi:ansi -m :\?ansi -r -S -I -Q`)

I had something in all my .profile's (I'm a ksh user), which is my I never
noticed the problem.  Recently, though, we started thinking about
letting more of our non-programming users (i.e. secretaries, VP's,
QC technicians, etc) take advantage of network logins for certain
applications, and it was during the testing phase that I discovered it.
Since we usually try to not make these type of users have to deal with
such things as setting terminals types, I'm hoping there's a way
to fix this.

Thank you for your confirmation on being broken, though.  Knowing that it
happens to someone else will make it easier if I have to call SCO (i.e.
maybe they'll believe it's a bug).

James B. O'Connor			jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Ahlstrom Filtration, Inc.		615/821-4022 x. 651