Don't strip /xenix (the w command complains)

Hi Ho Silver silver at xrtll.uucp
Sun Jan 13 10:55:36 AEST 1991

In comp.unix.xenix.sco, grwalter at wcbcs.uucp (Fred Walter) typed:
$In a previous article I asked why I shouldn't strip /xenix.... I just found
$out. At least one command (w - it complains with "can't find namelist" or
$some such thing) doesn't like it.

   ps also won't like you, and that's a pretty important command (if you
don't believe me, take a look through /etc/shutdown).  In fact, anything
that needs to look at the process table will probably break if you strip
/xenix.
--
 __            __  _  | ...!nexus.yorku.edu!xrtll!silver |  always