Fun with the XENIX kernel

Sat Jan 26 19:30:33 AEST 1991

I have been digging around the XENIX kernel and have been trying to
do some rather rudimentary things ...

One is trying to set the nodename for the machine by stuffing _node
with the characters of my choice; in of itself, it isn't a problem.
The problem is that uname(S) doesn't seem to load the utsname.nodename
from _node.  Where is the nodename kept in the kernel?  And, yes,
I know about /etc/systemid ... that ain't the point. :-)

The other is trying to read the _proc table; again, that's no problem.
However, other other flavors of the proc struct that I have worked with
were so nice as to provide p_uptr (obviously, a pointer to the ublock).
So, how does one grab the ublock for a process in XENIX?

Thanks in advance ...
--
Michael Stefanik, Systems Engineer (JOAT), Briareus Corporation
UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike