Xenix files..

pgd at bbt.se pgd at bbt.se
Tue Jan 8 09:05:22 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan6.171120.9314 at cpsc.ucalgary.ca> schenk at fsd.cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Eric Schenk) writes:
>On this note I'd like to add a question to the discussion.
>Does anyone out there have the necessary tools to create
>new shared libraries on Xenix, and of course to compile and
>link programs which use them? In particular I'd like to do this
>using gcc. I am not really interested in reverse enginering sh_lib.c,
>just in constructing new shared libraries for use in my programs.

I am not really interested in shlib_c either, that is a side track.
But the same tools can be used to make new shared libraries, that is
the interesting part. Currently they are a little bit disintregated,
through, and require some work.

>(BTW, I've noticed that the include files mention a limit of 2 shared
>libaries per process in xenix. Is this limit hard, or can it be changed?)

No, unless you have the complete sources. The limit is hard-wired in the
user structure, which means you have to recompile more or less
everything to change it. (which means most kernel modules, probably also
ps, adb, sdb, gdb, etc.)

You are obviously not supposed to use shared libraries on xenix.