uucp login problems

Russ Kepler russ at bbx.basis.com
Fri Jan 4 16:16:14 AEST 1991

I've got an interesting (in the Chinese curse sense) problem.  A
site that I provide a newsfeed and mailfeed to just upgraded his
Sun 4 to 4.1 and his call in to my system now fails consistently.
My system is running XENIX 2.3.3 with TCP installed.

I suspected that his new uucp was sending the login data in even
parity and not in 8 data, no parity.  In checking the tty parms
for the tty I've noticed that ISTRIP isn't being enable as the
gettydefs documentation says it will.  In forcing ISTRIP in the
particular gettydefs entry it doesn't seem to show up.

Anyway, it looks right now that that's probably the problem.
Anyone encounter this before?  Any solutions?

--
Russ Kepler -  Basis Int'l     SNAIL:  5901 Jefferson NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
UUCP: bbx.basis.com!russ                                    PHONE: 505-345-5232