uucp login problems

Russ Kepler russ at bbx.basis.com
Wed Jan 9 02:54:58 AEST 1991

In article <13176 at scorn.sco.COM> paulz at sco.COM (W. Paul Zola) writes:

>In article <1173 at bbx.basis.com> russ at bbx.basis.com (Russ Kepler) writes:
>[ wants to set up his system to use 7-bits even parity for login ]

Uhhh - no, I don't.  I just want getty to work as it's documented.

The documentation specifies that the 'SANE' mode enables some tty
flags.  In examining the flags set while getty/login is executing
(ie, at all stages) I find that either the documentation is in
error or that getty/login is failing.

I don't want 7 data bits, even parity, even though that might enable
a Sun4 to login, I want 8 data bits, no parity, high bit stripped.
Just like the documentation say it's running.  That's all.  Try
looking at the status of ISTRIP, read the gettydefs documentation
and tell me that getty is working correctly.  Then try to add
ISTRIP to the gettydefs and see if there's a change.

Then fix getty.

--
Russ Kepler -  Basis Int'l     SNAIL:  5901 Jefferson NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
UUCP: bbx.basis.com!russ                                    PHONE: 505-345-5232