2-button mouse under X11R4?; Logitech 3-button doesn't work

Kevin Weller n025fc at tamuts.tamu.edu
Sat Jan 26 01:40:18 AEST 1991

Anybody out there running X11R4 under Xenix?  If so, could some kind
soul answer the following question: does X require a 3-button mouse?

I have a 2-button Microsoft bus mouse that works fine, but I also have
a 3-button Logitech bus mouse (Series C9) that doesn't work at all
under Xenix 2.3.[23].  I've installed a patch from SCO (unx204, for
both Xenix and Unix) that I thought would correct the problem, but no.
The boot time device list (as recorded in /usr/adm/messages) shows a
bus mouse at interrupt vector 5, addressing 0x023C-0x023E, yet when I
try to use it (with usemouse), nothing happens.  No error messages,
either.  I'd like to get a 3-button mouse working, but I don't know if
it's possible under Xenix.

If I install X11R4, how would the lack of the middle button affect
things?  Can I get along without it?  And what about Chain Lee's
socket emulator--pressing all three buttons at once is supposed to
switch to text mode for multiscreen changes, but what if I don't have
but two buttons?

Thanks in advance!  -- Kev
--
internet: n025fc at tamuts.tamu.edu                |  aTm  |  GIG 'EM, AGGIES!  |