hacking on another serial card

Rich Wilkman serling at ucscb.ucsc.edu
Fri Jan 25 04:41:38 AEST 1991

I have found a serial board that I can designate as COM3 and COM4
(finally!).  Now...what do I have to do to get Xenix to recongize
this additional card as valid?  I have tried sacrificing small
furry animals on my CPU, but all I got was a neat color
texture-case(tm) for my trouble.  I was not paying attention when this
was originally discussed, but the one solution I remember seeing
involved hacking sysio and relinking the kernal.  If this will work
under Xenix 2.3.2 (286), or if you know of any other solution (besides
the obvious one of shelling out big bucks for a multi-port card), mail
me.

Rich Wilkman
serling at ucscg.ucsc.edu            <-- I read my mail there, always
serling at ucscb.ucsc.edu            <-- I read my mail there, sometimes
serling at sludge.santa-cruz.ca.us   <-- I read my mail there when my
				      machine decides I have been good enough.