uucp login problems

Russ Kepler russ at bbx.basis.com
Wed Jan 9 02:57:34 AEST 1991

In article <6738 at crash.cts.com> root at crash.cts.com (Bill Blue) writes:
>}Anyone encounter this before?  Any solutions?
>
>Why not just have the BSD system add to the beginning of its
>expect-send sequence the following: "" P_ZERO.  That sets the BSD uucp
>to 8N1 and should work just fine logging into Xenix.

You're right, that will work (and has been suggested by a few others
in email.  I'm just annoyed that getty and gettydefs in SCO XENIX
won't work - and all the suggestions from SCO are to screwup the login
so that only certain systems can login.

I thought that my post was reasonable, the it is reasonable to expect
that the code should work as documented.

--
Russ Kepler -  Basis Int'l     SNAIL:  5901 Jefferson NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
UUCP: bbx.basis.com!russ                                    PHONE: 505-345-5232