uucp login problems

Bill Blue root at crash.cts.com
Thu Jan 10 18:11:15 AEST 1991

In <1181 at bbx.basis.com> russ at bbx.basis.com (Russ Kepler) writes:
(stuff about P_ZERO deleted)
}You're right, that will work (and has been suggested by a few others
}in email.  I'm just annoyed that getty and gettydefs in SCO XENIX
}won't work - and all the suggestions from SCO are to screwup the login
}so that only certain systems can login.

}I thought that my post was reasonable, the it is reasonable to expect
}that the code should work as documented.

You're right, it should, but doesn't.

I've spent much time trying to find a combination of flags that will,
in effect, enable 8 bit no parity with the high bit stipped.  That
should let it work correctly with a 7E1 caller.  However, the problem,
like you said, is that getty is broken.  It doesn't respond to flags
the same in the first group (prior to the first #) as it does to the
same settings in the second group.  The second group works correctly.
This behavior can be seen by running the test gettydefs file through
getty -c and looking at the ioctl values produced.  Very enlightening.

--Bill