Telnet programs to connect to Xenix

Brian Evans Esq bevans at tanus.oz.au
Sun Jan 6 15:36:02 AEST 1991

lance at embassy.nsi.com (Lance N. Antrim) writes:
>connect to SCO's TCP/IP package.  I have tried NCSA's Telnet packages on
>both the PC and the Mac, and the MacIP package.  Although FTP and Finger
>work fine, Telnet almost never completes the negotiation and the
>connection fails.  I would like some suggestions of Telnet packages that
>have had success in connecting with SCO Xenix.  One possibility is
>InterCon's products for both PC and Mac.  However, they are expensive
>and I am not about to invest in them without total assurance that they
>will work with SCO Xenix.

I have been using MCSATELNET to connect to my SCO XENIX box for about 2 months
now. It will also work in connecting to a local SCO UNIX box.  My advice would
be to check the configuration file(s) on the ncsa package.

 _--_|\        Brian Evans      Internet: bevans at tanus.oz.au
/      \       P.O Box 232    Compu$erve: 72500,1355 | Fax: +61 3 412-1551
\_.--._/       Avondale Heights, 3034            VoiceMail: +61 3 506-1629
      v        Victoria, Australia