SCO 286 XENIX 2.3.2 install hangs on REAL IBM AT

Peter Hunt peter at cai.uucp
Wed Jan 9 04:11:24 AEST 1991

I've installed many a copy of UNIX and XENIX and don't understand
why this particular version does not work.

After booting with the N1 floppy, the install requests the
N2 File System floppy.  As soon as I press ENTER to signify that the
N2 floppy is in the drive, the system hangs requiring a cold boot.
The floppy is okay since I tested the install on a 386.  The hardware
being used is an original, if not antique, IBM AT 6MHz.  The exact
same problem happens when I try to install it on an NCR 3390, also
a 286.

Any suggestions?  Is SCO XENIX 286 very tempermental?  Unfortunately,
only 286 UNIX/XENIX software is an option for this particular project.
I'm just disconcerted when it won't install on a true blue.

no signature yet