uucp login problems

Bill Blue root at crash.cts.com
Sun Jan 6 18:15:06 AEST 1991

In <1173 at bbx.basis.com> russ at bbx.basis.com (Russ Kepler) writes:
}I suspected that his new uucp was sending the login data in even
}parity and not in 8 data, no parity.  In checking the tty parms
}for the tty I've noticed that ISTRIP isn't being enable as the
}gettydefs documentation says it will.  In forcing ISTRIP in the
}particular gettydefs entry it doesn't seem to show up.

}Anyway, it looks right now that that's probably the problem.
}Anyone encounter this before?  Any solutions?

Why not just have the BSD system add to the beginning of its
expect-send sequence the following: "" P_ZERO.  That sets the BSD uucp
to 8N1 and should work just fine logging into Xenix.

--Bill