Telnet programs to connect to Xenix

Lance N. Antrim lance at embassy.nsi.com
Tue Jan 1 01:12:34 AEST 1991

connect to SCO's TCP/IP package.  I have tried NCSA's Telnet packages on
both the PC and the Mac, and the MacIP package.  Although FTP and Finger
work fine, Telnet almost never completes the negotiation and the
connection fails.  I would like some suggestions of Telnet packages that
have had success in connecting with SCO Xenix.  One possibility is
InterCon's products for both PC and Mac.  However, they are expensive
and I am not about to invest in them without total assurance that they
will work with SCO Xenix.

>From messages on the net I know that I am not the only site with this
problem.  Has anyone heard whether SCO will fix this in a SLS?  Is it
fixed in the latest vesion of SCO Unix?

If anyone comes up with a solution, I will post it here.  Thanks.

Lance Antrim
Negotiation Systems
lance at nsi.com
uunet!embassy!lance