Xenix files..

Eric Schenk schenk at fsd.cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Mon Jan 7 04:11:20 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan6.095033.3709 at bbt.se> pgd at bbt.se writes:
>Seriously, the program converts a x.out image to a coff image. You
>might think that the need for this is bizarre, and I agree. But
>considering the -unix switch to 'cc', it seem to be exactly what SCO
>does on their UNIX system.
>
>Besides, shared libraries are very useful, if you want to run
>X-windows, and have a small amount of memory.

On this note I'd like to add a question to the discussion.
Does anyone out there have the necessary tools to create
new shared libraries on Xenix, and of course to compile and
link programs which use them? In particular I'd like to do this
using gcc. I am not really interested in reverse enginering sh_lib.c,
just in constructing new shared libraries for use in my programs.

If no one has done this can someone point me to the necessary coff
documentation so I can consider doing it myself.

(BTW, I've noticed that the include files mention a limit of 2 shared
libaries per process in xenix. Is this limit hard, or can it be changed?)