gcc/gas sources for Xenix SysV 2.3.x

Ronald S H Khoo ronald at robobar.co.uk
Sun Jan 20 23:02:48 AEST 1991

n025fc at tamuts.tamu.edu (Kevin Weller) writes:

[ I wrote: ]
>    You don't need to recompile to do this.  The -B and -b options let you
>    specify where the passes live.

> Thanks for the info!  I think I'll just write a shell script named gcc
> to call the real thing with -B and -b specified.

One word of caution, Steve changed the name of the assembler to gas rather than
as (we now think maybe this was a mistake) so you might have to call your gas
something like gcc-gas (ugh).

An example:

	rename these files		to these files

	/usr/local/lib/gcc-cpp		/u1/foo/gcclib/gcc-cpp
	/usr/local/lib/gcc-cc1		/u1/foo/gcclib/gcc-cc1
	/usr/local/bin/gas		/u1/foo/gcclib/gcc-gas

and use gcc -B/u1/foo/gcclib/gcc-

I hope I haven't wasted too much of your time wondering why it couldn't
find the assembler .... This is one of the pitfalls of changing things
without changing the documentation to match :-(
--
Ronald Khoo <ronald at robobar.co.uk> +44 81 991 1142 (O) +44 71 229 7741 (H)