Multiplexers and SCO XENIX 2.3

Wed Jan 9 18:08:58 AEST 1991

I've got a question for the UNIX computing community at large, and
primarily those who use SCO XENIX.

Has anyone out there had problems with Star 8-Port Multiplexers?  These
are muxs made by Star Technologies in Irvine, CA.  We have a good number
of their systems running with these multiplexers, and are having a
slew of problems (terminals intermittently locking up, printers not
handshaking well or at all) but Star is saying "Who? Us?".

Is there anyone else on the net that is using their mux and drivers,
and had or is having similar problems?  If you solved the problems,
then I'd appreciate knowing what you did (other than pitching the mux
out the window ... I'm approaching that point myself).  If you're
still having problems, then maybe we can cry on each other's shoulder ... :-)

'Preciate your time on this on folks ...
--
Michael Stefanik, Systems Engineer (JOAT), Briareus Corporation
UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike