CD-ROMS and SCO XENIX

Wed Jan 9 18:22:31 AEST 1991

We have a customer who wants a CD-ROM installed on his XENIX 2.3.2 box.
Now, of course, he went out on his own and bought the CD-ROM drive and
software on his own ... and ended up with DOS drivers.  Disk, floppy
and tape are SCSI and so will be the CD-ROM drive.  The CD-ROM is a Trexel
DM-5020 (embedded SCSI interface) and the drivers from Trantor Systems, Ltd.
A SCSI host adapter came with the drivers (or shall I say that the drivers
came with the adapter).

Grand questions: Can I hang this CD-ROM off the SCSI adapter already in the
machine (limit is 4 devices, no?)  Does SCO have a list of approved
drivers for CD-ROMs?  Has anyone installed one of these beasts?  Pitfalls?
Traps?  Anything that may cause my customer to disfigure me with a
kitchen tool afterwards?

Thanks in advance!
--
Michael Stefanik, Systems Engineer (JOAT), Briareus Corporation
UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike