Floppy based tape backup unit problems...

Dan dan at wsscal.uucp
Thu Jan 31 05:41:28 AEST 1991

I've recently been handed an Archive XL 1/2" streaming tape drive and the
companion Archive XLe card for external access.
It also comes with software for DOS.  DOS recognizes it fine and it works
just fine with DOS, but I cannot get Xenix to properly work with the
unit.  I've tried both the cartridge and mini cartridge device drivers and
xenix does access the drives but doesn't recognize them.  Anyone have
any experience with these things?
My version is 386 2.3.2, which SCO claims they have support for the floppy
based tape drives.
Dan
--

Dan, VE6DRK @ VE6YYC             |  ...!cpsc.ucalgary.ca!hpcal!wsscal!dan
Western Software Solutions       |  dan at wsscal.UUCP