TCP/ip servers

KLARICH TERRY JAME klarich at d.cs.okstate.edu
Wed Jan 2 10:29:44 AEST 1991

In article <114 at embassy.nsi.com> lance at embassy.nsi.com (Lance N. Antrim) writes:
>I would like to use my Xenix system as a mail and news server for PCs
>and Macs in my group.  Has anyone compiled nntp or POP2 or POP3 for
>Xenix386?  Does the code have to be site specific or can the binaries be
>transferred and used on other Xenix386 systems?

I use mmdf on my xenix 386 2.3.3 macine.  I know it has a pop server; but,
I have never played with it.  I just use the local and uucp channels.
Also, the mh distribution has a pop interface.  I would recommend mmdf for
a mail server.  I can't help with the news.  I don't know enough about news
to comment.