SCO Unix 16-bit cards

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Thu Jun 27 08:05:24 AEST 1991

In <1991Jun12.200105.5024 at group1.UUCP> johnw at group1.uucp (John Wheeler) writes:

| After repeated calls to SCO, which, by the way, has the LONGEST
| queing mechanism I've ever encountered, I have been able to find
| _NO_ 16-bit cards supported by SCO Unix. CAN THIS BE TRUE? I find
| it hard to believe that I can get 16-bit drivers for a simple MS-DOS
| machine but *NOT* for our multi-gigabyte SCO hosts!!!!

| Does ANYBODY know of any 16-bit drivers for SCO Unix?
| (WD 8013 preferred)....

  But... we run them with Xenix! The latest version of ODT is supposed
to have the current TCP. We haven't done the upgrade on any of the
machines with 8013s yet, but we sure assume that they will work.

  If they don't we won't upgrade the Xenix machines, and SCO will get
about a dozen copies of ODT back with some rude restocking suggestions.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
  GE Corp R&D Center, Information Systems Operation, tech support group