SCO Unix 16-bit cards

Aris Stathakis aris at tabbs.UUCP
Wed Jun 19 02:45:49 AEST 1991

In <1991Jun12.200105.5024 at group1.UUCP> johnw at group1.uucp (John Wheeler) writes:

>After repeated calls to SCO, which, by the way, has the LONGEST
>queing mechanism I've ever encountered, I have been able to find
>_NO_ 16-bit cards supported by SCO Unix. CAN THIS BE TRUE? I find
>it hard to believe that I can get 16-bit drivers for a simple MS-DOS
>machine but *NOT* for our multi-gigabyte SCO hosts!!!!

>Does ANYBODY know of any 16-bit drivers for SCO Unix?
>(WD 8013 preferred)....

Try the Racal-Interlan NI6510.  The drivers are available from Interlan
themselves.  Apparently, some data-comms magazine rated the NI6510 as
the best performing 16bit ethernet card a while back (sorry, can't
quote the exact magazine or date).  I've used them quite a bit and
can safely say that they work pretty well :-)

Aris

--
 Aris Stathakis | Bang: ..!uunet!ddsw1!olsa99!tabbs!aris or aris at tabbs.UUCP