ctsflow solution for xenix cu/uucico and fas question

KLARICH TERRY JAME klarich at d.cs.okstate.edu
Wed Jun 26 03:40:33 AEST 1991

I have a solution to the ctsflow problem under sco xenix using uucico and cu.
I have been trying to make my mnp5 modem work properly in this environment for
several weeks.  Being as that I would like to keep the speed between the modem
and computer at 9600 baud, I need to have the ctsflow flag set so the computer
won't overrun the modem.  When dialing, my dialer will set the ctsflow flag
properly.  However, cu and uucico turn it back off when the dialer exits.  So,
this dialer forks a process from the clean_up function which waits until
ctsflow is turned off.  At this time, the forked process turns it back on and
exits.  Works fine.  If you would like the details, let me know and I'll email
you my changes to the original dialHA24 program.

I would rather use fas as my serial driver; but, I can't.  My needs require
that I use the parameter 'SYSTTY=SIO' in my /etc/default/boot file.  In the
documentation for fas, it says that fas and sio can't exist in the same
kermell.  Why is this?  Also, If someone using fas and xenix knows what would
happen if I install fas and try to use  com1 as the systty, please let me
know.  If fas and sio could be installed in the same kernell, this would solve
all my modem and console problems.

Thanks for any help

Terry Klarich