uucp/uucico problems

Roger Cornelius rac at sherpa.UUCP
Tue Jun 4 00:04:20 AEST 1991

>From article <417 at sunatb.UUCP>, by bodifee at sunatb.UUCP (Peter Bodifee):
-
- I experience exactly the opposite. When I mail a message to a remote user
- as soon as I type the 'end-of-message' command in mail my modem starts
- dialing to send the message. I rather have mail (usually more then 1 message
- queued and then being send when cron calls uusched and uuxqt to send the
- queued mail messages. I have only connection to one other remote system and
- use 'Any' in the schedule field in the file Systems.
- My cron calls uusched and uuxqt once an hour.
-
- Can somebody put a light on this dark spot?

Creating the file `/etc/default/mail' with the line:
spoolonly
worked on SCO Xenix 2.3.2 (286) to prevent an immediate poll of the
site.  I assume it also works on the 386.  If you're using a value-added
mailer (e.g. smail, etc.) it may not work.

--
Roger Cornelius          rac at sherpa.UUCP         uunet!sherpa!rac