Trouble with uucp/cu/dialing sharing a phone line

robert sexton rsexton at uceng.UC.EDU
Tue Dec 20 06:31:20 AEST 1988

Hello.  I'm currently evaluating Xenix 2.2.3 286.  We are trying to get
uucp to share a line with dialup.  We are using BNU uucp.  cu has worked
in the past, but it now gives us ERROR:sytem not in systems file.  The
remote system is in the Systems file.  Is it possible to get xenix
to do both dialup and cu on the same line?  It seems we can get the
system to answer the phone reliably, or to dial out reliably, but not both.
Does xenix pay attention to /etc/inittab? I have uugetty set up, but that
does not seem to help anything.  Whenever cu uses the modem, it drops
dtr when it finishes the conversation, and turns off autoanswer.  I am
then left with a modem which will not answer the phone.  Help would be much
appreciated.  thanks.

--
Robert Sexton, University of Cincinnati
rsexton at uceng.uc.edu tut.cis.ohio-state.edu!uccba!uceng!rsexton