Word Processing software for 286 SCO Xenix

Terry Hull terry at eecea.eece.ksu.edu
Wed Dec 21 01:15:23 AEST 1988

In article <2317 at cadovax.UUCP> mitchell at cadovax.UUCP (Mitchell Lerner) writes:
>  [Stuff deleted]
>I have identified three Word Processors that might do the job:
>
>1. Word Perfect for 286 Xenix

Does this really exist?  When I saw the announcement of WordPerfect
for XENIX, the article said that it was '386 only.  Did WordPerfect
corp change their minds and produce a '286 version as well? I figured
they had gone for '386 only to avoid the segment braindamage of the
'286.

>  [Stuff Deleted]
>
>P.S.  He uses Wyse 60 terminals so the word processor will have to support
>them.

As far as WordPerfect goes, you are in luck here.  The support for the
Wyse 60 seems to be as good or better than any other terminal.  The
differences from the DOS version are minor as long as you have the AT
keyboard.

Good luck in your search.

--
Terry Hull                    Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
                                           Kansas State University