Word Processing software for 286 SCO Xenix

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Wed Dec 21 00:27:45 AEST 1988

In article <2317 at cadovax.UUCP>, mitchell at cadovax.UUCP (Mitchell Lerner) writes:
. I have a friend that really wants to do Word Processing on his
. buisnesses Xenix system along with his Order Entry and on-line
. accounting.
.
. I have identified three Word Processors that might do the job:
.
. 1. Word Perfect for 286 Xenix
. 2. Microsoft Word for 286 Xenix
. 3. SCO Lyrix
.
. At this point the deciding factor would be price, which is why I am
. posting this to the net.  The cheapest that I've found Word Perfect for
. is $999, Microsoft Word ~~$500 and SCO Lyrix ~~$400 (if I remember correctly).

First, Word Perfect is only available for Xenix 386.  After speaking with
the company I was told that the 286 version was just too slow, and they
weren't releasing it at this time.

Second, we are currently using Lyrix.  While I haven't seen version 5.0, I
am definitely NOT impressed with it.

Jonathan Bayer
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.