Word Processing software for 286 SCO Xenix

bill vermillion bill at bilver.UUCP
Thu Dec 22 12:35:15 AEST 1988

In article <505 at eecea.eece.ksu.edu> terry at eecea.eece.ksu.edu (Terry Hull) writes:
>In article <2317 at cadovax.UUCP> mitchell at cadovax.UUCP (Mitchell Lerner) writes:
>>  [Stuff deleted]
>>I have identified three Word Processors that might do the job:
>>
>>1. Word Perfect for 286 Xenix
>
>Does this really exist?  When I saw the announcement of WordPerfect
>for XENIX, the article said that it was '386 only.

I do some work for a local community college.  Just brought 2 more SCO Xenix
installations on line today.  All the Xenix machines have been using Lex as the
word processor of choice.  Another area of campus uses stand-alone PC's and
they use Word Perfect.  So I called Word Perfect to check on the availability.
It is ONLY on the '386 machines in the small Unix/Xenix market.  Also for Vax.

Lex is a bit cumbersome to learn but very powerful.  Not for the faint of heart.
$495. A two day instructional seminar was held to teach those going to use it.
SCO's Lyrix is also decended from the same WP.  It was originally written in
England about 10 to 15 years ago on a PDP-11.

--
Bill Vermillion - UUCP: {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd}!peora!rtmvax!bilver!bill
                      : bill at bilver.UUCP