sco xenix troff: dumb questions

Wolf N. Paul wnp at dcs.UUCP
Tue Dec 13 23:21:41 AEST 1988

In article <659 at vector.UUCP> chip at vector.UUCP (Chip Rosenthal) writes:
 >In article <1761 at csun.edu> cacsc222 at mx.csun.edu (Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl) writes:
 >>And does anyone have a TROFF driver for an HP Laserjet? This is for SCO 2.2.1
 >
 >The problem is that SCO's troff is the old troff and not the device
 >independant ditroff.  ...
 >
 >For those of us stuck with old troff, I see three alternatives:
 >
 >(1)  Get a translator program.  For example, SSC sells a "cat2dit" program
 >     for $295 ($495 for source).  Once there, you can use something like
 >     "jetroff".  I haven't done any of this, so no guarantees.

There was a cat2dit program posted to the net a while back.

In addition, there is a quite comprehensive otrff->LJ program which also
was posted to the net during the past few months.

Check with your nearest archive site.
UUCP:     killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN:   dcs!wnp at killer.dallas.tx.us    TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD