sco xenix troff: dumb questions

Earl H. Kinmonth kinmonthprep at deneb.ucdavis.edu
Fri Dec 2 02:58:46 AEST 1988

(1)
Is all the "Imagen" stuff that comes with SCO Xenix useful
for anything? I've asked around the University and have
found only one person of even claims to have heard of the
company (okay, so it is an agricultural school). I haven't
been able to find anything that looks like it might use
Imagen output although we've got a veritable wharehouse of
different laser printers on campus.

(2)
Why does SCO supply an ancient version of troff with
drivers for great devices like model 33 teletypes? Is this
because they make more money on their Lyrix word processor?